Virtual Mini Workshop: Raja Yoga (Principles)
After you enroll...
- You will receive an email from KAY confirming that you were enrolled into the VMW course in Teachable, our online learning platform. *If you do not receive this email, check your Spam folder before you contact [email protected] for assistance.
- If you are new to Teachable, you will receive a second email from KAY asking you to confirm your account (where your coursework will be housed). *If you do not receive this email, check your Spam folder before you contact [email protected] for assistance.
- To attend a virtual session, be sure to check the "Date Selection" lecture of this course to reserve your spot for the specific session you wish to attend.
Dates & Times for Currently Scheduled Virtual Sessions:
Sunday 9/27 @ 4:00 PM EST
What is Raja Yoga and where did it come from? You have heard that yoga is much more than the postures, but maybe you're looking for more information on what exactly that is, or for ways to incorporate yoga philosophy into your KAY classes. In this workshop we will discuss the basics of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and the 8 Limbs of Yoga. If you're new to yoga or haven't had the chance to dive into yoga philosophy, this is the workshop for you. Join us for our first installment of Raja learning as well as to learn more about the "Side of Raja" portion of a typical KAY class.
A few more details:
Attendees will learn about:
- The 8 Limbs of Yoga
- The Yamas and the Niyamas and how to incorporate them into our KAY classes
- The Locks & Keys and how to demonstrate them by example and through activities
- Karma Yoga and how to teach this principle to children of all ages.