Virtual Mini Workshop: Pranayama
After you enroll...
- You will receive an email from KAY confirming that you were enrolled into the VMW course in Teachable, our online learning platform. *If you do not receive this email, check your Spam folder before you contact [email protected] for assistance.
- If you are new to Teachable, you will receive a second email from KAY asking you to confirm your account (where your coursework will be housed). *If you do not receive this email, check your Spam folder before you contact [email protected] for assistance.
- To attend a virtual session, be sure to check the "Date Selection" lecture of this course to reserve your spot for the specific session you wish to attend.
Dates & Times for Currently Scheduled Virtual Sessions:
Tuesday October 6, 2020 @ 7:00PM EST
Thursday October 15, 2020 @ 9:00AM EST
Tuesday October 20, 2020 @ 6:00PM EST
Thursday October 29, 2020 @ 1:00PM EST
You've heard that breathing exercises can help us calm down when we're feeling stressed, but maybe you're looking for more details on how and why breathing is a part of yoga. In yoga, we call breath work, "Pranayama." In this workshop we'll discuss how you can use several breathing or pranayama techniques with children of all ages during a yoga class to help them learn to self-regulate.
A few more details:
During the course of this workshop you will:
- Learn how pranayama can help children.
- Learn and practice several pranayama techniques.
-Be given tips on when in a class you can introduce or use pranayama.
-Learn breathing practices that are appropriate for; toddlers and preschoolers, school aged kids, pre-teens and teens.
-Learn how to make this practice accessible and inclusive for all of your students.
-Note taking materials