Virtual Mini Workshop: Incorporating Mindful Crafts Into A Kids Yoga Class
After you enroll...
- You will receive an email from KAY confirming that you were enrolled into the VMW course in Teachable, our online learning platform. *If you do not receive this email, check your Spam folder before you contact [email protected] for assistance.
- If you are new to Teachable, you will receive a second email from KAY asking you to confirm your account (where your coursework will be housed). *If you do not receive this email, check your Spam folder before you contact [email protected] for assistance.
- To attend a virtual session, be sure to check the "Date Selection" lecture of this course to reserve your spot for the specific session you wish to attend.
Dates & Times for Currently Scheduled Virtual Sessions:
Saturday October 10, 2020 @ 9:00AM EST
Wednesday October 14, 2020 @ 10:30AM EST
Monday October 19, 2020 @ 3:00PM EST
Saturday October 31, 2020 @ 9:00AM EST
When sharing yoga with children, not only are arts and crafts projects a great way to teach new poses, they also promote mindfulness, self-expression and innovation. Kids of all ages are always excited to draw, paint, craft, and create. Spice up your yoga class with simple, yet creative craft projects!
A few more details:
During the course of this workshop you will:
- Discuss the purpose of arts & crafts in a Kids Yoga class.
- Review tips for including a craft during a yoga class.
- Take a look at a number of arts & crafts projects.
- Understand how to ensure your craft is accessible and inclusive.
- Complete a simple craft project and experience how to offer crafts virtually.
Materials and/or Supplies Needed:
- Paper (for folding)
- Markers or colored pencils